Smart meters operate in virtually ‘real time’ so customers can anticipate how much their energy bill will cost due to the accurate and detailed information their meter provides.
Benefits of smart meters include:
- More control for customers over their energy use and end estimated bills.
- More accurate and near real-time information on energy use and costs.
- Enables faster switching enhancing retail competition in the industry reducing costs and improving customer service from suppliers.
- Lower industry costs enabling savings to be passed on to the customer.
- Increased development of new products and services.
- Faster and easier switching of energy suppliers.